Jul 17, 2011

Soul Bossa Nova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQ7xYnyIBQ

I talked to a friend on Skype yesterday. Perhaps it was something in her voice when she told me how much she loved music, so I decided to tell her about this amazing dream I had the night before. In my dream, I was playing the piano, composing 2 very different pieces, and I felt as if I was flying in the sky, so free and happy!

I still remembered the tunes when I woke up from the dream, but then my brain was still half asleep, so I didn't write them down. And the next morning when I woke up again, I completely forgot about the tunes, of course.

When I was a little girl, I used to have vivid dreams of composing music or conducting an orchestra, but the dreams stopped after many years of learning how to play the piano properly. Now if you put me in front of a piano without any score sheets, my fingers get frozen automatically, too afraid to move.

I don’t know why I suddenly had the dream again that night, after so many years.

But I still believe perhaps I had some connection with classical music somehow and sometime in my previous lives. Who knows, I might have been one of the many lover Beethoven had!